Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Why are we now being required to enter c...
Why are we now being required to enter customer and vehicle information before an autoscan?

1891 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-13 21:20:47

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-04 18:22:06
     Recently Scanned a Nissan Murano Nissan software version 7.60. WTF , I don't Need a Nanny State on my Scan Tool telling me I need to have required fields of information typed in before I am able to scan a vehicle! I work for Myself, and not some Micro managing Sh@tHole that wants every Repair order # recorded with every T crossed and all the I's dotted for the records. Please give us an option to quick skip over this BS. I entered a single letter on each required field , but it is Intrusive and wasting my time!

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-08-04 22:15:57 (Reply to:witsend)

Are you talking about entering a repair order number? I havn't scanned a Nissan since
    the last Nissan update.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-05 14:24:32 (Reply to:Kevin H)
     No , that has been on there awhile. I usually just enter a first name with car initial. It was just before an auto scan and there wasn't an option to skip. It wanted the customer name license, mileage, entered . I just entered initials, and 0 for numbers and was able to continue. Not sure why , but it may have been a vehicle I attempted to send a data log in the past. Last night I did a brand new Nissan update , so I suppose I could do another auto ID and scan it from scratch again.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-05 21:32:33 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I checked after updating Nissan software 7.80, and it still wanted fields of information to be entered with no option to skip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5IZAMJN7M

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-08-05 22:35:13 (Reply to:witsend)

I'll bet Autel had to put that info in there to make Nissan happy. Nissan is probably
    following Chrysler's lead and want to know who is doing what to thier cars (even
    though they don't own them).

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-08-05 22:47:58 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Hey Wits, I have a question for you but it don't belong in this forum, I'll post it in the
    MaxiSys forum. Read it there when you get a chance.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Ron

2020-08-07 21:10:10

It appears to be on Audi as well. 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Ron

2020-08-07 21:19:11

I was just on with tech support and we went to maxysis settings and turn off scan report.

Also it will no allow you to turn that feature off if you are connected / scanning a vehicle.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-09 01:01:48 (Reply to:Ron)
     I just scanned a Hyundai and it has the same inconvenient set up with having to enter a customer's name, RO #and vehicle mileage. I do not want to turn off scan report, where I can't save report and email the scan report with blank fields to a customer if I choose I just want the quick option to skip over having to enter fields of information about customer and vehicle mileage,etc. It's bad enough at the very beginning to have to enter an RO#. The system date and auto ID VIN should suffice like it always did before!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-08-11 06:44:03

I think this is only on the USA/NA market software as I have not come a cross such things on UK/European software......
  Total2 Pages